Welcome to the East Midlands F8 club

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Welcome to the East Midlands F8 club

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Flook
    Flook
    Hi to you all, and welcome to this F8 club. This is where we can chat among ourselves, arrange future meet ups, and potential ride outs as a group.

It is a shame I cannot find links to invite each of you personally, but this may happen at sometime in the future.

Flook
    1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Thanks Woody66 thanked for this post
    Likes Woody66 liked this post
  2. Norfolk UK
    Norfolk UK
    I'm in.

Ian
    0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Likes Flook liked this post
  3. Flook
    Flook
    HI Ian, welcome to the EMF8.

Post away with your thoughts etc about not only your bike but any extra's you have fitted etc.
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
  4. Paulius55
    Paulius55
    Hi Dave, I'm still here, waiting to ride my bikes again.
  5. Flook
    Flook
    Nice to see you have joined, it is my intention for everyone who joins this group from Oxford, to Norfolk, Rugby to parts of East Anglia. Everyone should have an F8 of any model, will be most welcome.

When this virus has passed, and it is safe for those of us to venture out, it is my hope to meet up somewhere suitable to all of us, and take it from there. When Rob the original forum administrator came to the UK, he supplied us with F800 stickers, also some go the guy'd had F800 T shirts. I cannot promise any of that, but hopefully good bonhomie between us all.
  6. Flook
    Flook
    I must welcome two others, RobA and Pigmy. Give a brief post to what model you have colour and howling you have had it for. I appreciate Rob has mentioned this on a post, but in here, only the members can see it.

Okay, mine is an ST, blue, with Madstad screen, raised break pedal, twin horns @ 119dB each, extended gear leaver, bar backs risers for steering bar, just made an indicator cancelling bar, similar to NN but saved the £30 odd pounds. Sat Nav n bar, big Givi Maxi box on the rear, extended front mudguard, HID main and dipped front light rear hugger.

So why all these things.
    HID to have superior light for night riding, twin horns to make a blast when needed, hugger and extended front mudguard to keep the road crap off the bike, Give box to fit everything in, Extended gear leaver, the original one is stubby and kept missing the bugger, raised break pedal - well I have padded it up so my right foot does not have to travel several inches. The indicator canceling bar is because I kept on missing the press button, this is V2, V1 was okay but eventually failed, V2 is fully metal. The Madstad screen is a real boon, it adjust forward/back/up/down. I can have my flip helmet open up to 60mph before it needs to be closed.

So that is my ST, I see that Pauliuss55 has attached photo's his white GT and his Triumph that he has re-built. It is nice to see a familiar face, we both belong to the same motorbike club.

So there you have it, that is mine, and to say I am proud of it is an understatement.

Dave aka Flook
  7. Flook
    Flook
    My bike needs an MOT at the end of this month, so, if like me your not familiar with what is happening about MOT's, I can tell you this, due to the unfolding COVID-19 situation cars and vans and motorcycles due their MOT from March 30th 2020 will have their MOT extended by 6 months. This will continue until confirmed otherwise. Your vehicle must be kept in a roadworthy condition and drivers can be proscecuted if they drive unsafe vehicles.

I have taken this from the New Rules on MOT testing for light vehicles.

Stay safe out there guy's
    1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Thanks pigmy thanked for this post
  8. pigmy
    pigmy
    Hi to all,
    Thankyou for the add, I am based close to Lichfield, so on the border of East Midlands and go that way "quite a bit" for the excellent roads.

My bikes:- I had my first BMW about 4 1/2 years ago in a used ST, then last year updated it to a new GT, I also have a Honda VFR 800fiw (gear driven cams) that I have had for well over 10 years.
    I have added several posts on modifications I have carried out on both BMW's I have owned, from adding power to a tank bag using switched power using a "Fuze Block" and what I power through it, to suspension mods, and things I have tried...

Looking forward to be able to get out and about when things get back to normal and hopefully we can arrange a meet for "us like minded"

Carl (pigmy)
  9. Flook
    Flook
    If any of you know others with F8 bikes, point them this way.

Thanks for that Pygmy. I hope all this will soon be gone, though I think it may well last until September time. The sting may yet be in the tail, as the virus starts to lessen its grip more and more, I think people will start to let their guard down, and that will be a more dangerous time than at present.

My thoughts for anyones tuppence worth.
  10. RobA
    RobA
    Hello Friends. I ride a 2014 F800R in white. Bought it last May (2019). Before that I had an R1200R which I have had since I retired. But I was finding it a bit unwieldy and heavy to push around, and my heart was in my mouth on any uneven surface parking. So it had to be a concession to age and size, and I downsized to the F800R. It had 3,000 miles or so on it but now had 8,000. I have changed the screen and put the original silencer back on, so I have been trying to sell the MRA screen and the Arrow-style silencer on her but so far without any success. Feeling really frustrated with the lock down. I had just serviced the bike before all this began and so only managed to trip across to Suffolk and back to see how it was running. I had a trip to the Isle of Wight coming up on May but that's cancelled. So at present, I can only dream. Good to hear from any of you. I'm in Rugby. Rob.
    0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Likes Flook, pigmy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast