Email sent for meet up, comments required

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Email sent for meet up, comments required

1. Flook
    Flook
    Hi all,

Fist thing, I must thank those of you who have given me your email addresses. Unfortunately I have not heard from a couple of members though, so, I will be posting this on the EM8 club side.

Recently we had a brief meet up at the Super Sausage on the A5, I would like to repeat a similar meet and greet with a possible ride out. However, I am fully aware that some of you live a decent distance away, so I have given this some thought and come up with an idea.

We have Norfolk UK (Ian), Pat Horridge (PatH) and Pygmy (Carl). So here are my thoughts;- we visit each one of these members at a local cafe to them, and take it from there, and if we have time have a short ride out then make our way back home.

Okay I appreciate most of you work, so I was thinking of a Sunday meet, and Starting off with Ian (Norfolk UK). Ian has given me a place where we could meet this is the ‘Route 11 Kitchen’, on the A11 at Attleborough post code NR17 2PU, this is on the northbound side of the A11.

Details of route is A14, A11. For Pat H it would be obviously a different route, but I thought we could all meet up along the way and finish at the Route 11 Kitchen at the same time.

So your thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

Take it easy guy’s
    Dave
    2 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Thanks pigmy, Terry_53 thanked for this post
  2. Terry_53
    Terry_53
    Hi everyone,
    I'm glad to have met those of you who turned up at the super sausage last week * you know who you are " ...that's my get-out 'cos I'm not so good with names, any ways I look forward to doing it again if time and weather allow's.

Terry

Dave, I hope you don't object to me stealing one of your pics for my avatar
    1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Thanks Flook thanked for this post
  3. Flook
    Flook
    Thanks Terry for showing me around your workshop, it was very interesting. You are welcome to the photo, all photo's are open for copy for avatar use if anyone wants them.

I had reason to pay Ian Joyce a visit since our meet up. I was getting a very loud clicking noise from the rear wheel, and was concerned as Ian has recently renewed my rear wheel bearings, hence my visit to him. Pat may know the answer before I go any further. Okay I had the rear wheel bearings replaced, also the belt had worn, so a new belt was fitted that I had ordered from Amazon, and no the belt was not faulty. It turned out the cushion bushes inside the rear drive wheel were squeaking. Ian striped down the whole thing even showing me how to release and re-tighten the rear wheel hub (very interesting). Anyway, Ian re-greased the bushes, replaced etc. He sent me out to test and the rear wheel has been quiet since. Also the belt is no longer riding on the outer edge, so this may be a thought for those of you who have the belt drive version to consider, if your belt is near the outer part of the rear drive it may well be the cushion bushes inside the rear drive wheel.

Take it easy guy's
    Dave
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes