Introduction

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Introduction

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. ZeeAviatrix
    ZeeAviatrix
    Hello, all you short people out there! Just so you know...I am 5'1" (1.55m) and ride an F800ST with a lowered seat. I'm loving my bike and riding it all over the place but, goodness, I sure have had a lot of obstacles to overcome along the way. I live in the northwest corner of Alabama, U.S., where our riding season is fairly long. I've ridden twice this week and greatly appreciate my heated hand grips!

I am hoping to meet more riders who have had to overcome specific issues when riding. Once there are several of us here, we can bring those up.

I look forward to chatting with you all. I know you're out there!
    0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Likes Gunther, Flook liked this post
  2. Gunther
    Gunther
    2nd!
    I'm 5'4" ...
    0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Likes Flook liked this post
  3. Flook
    Flook
    Well, I made it just, I used my step ladder but but even that was not tall enough.

I am 5'6, but my inside seam is 29" so I am a short person in reality. I bought the bike as a lower version, with the low scooped out seat as well. However, I found after a while about an hour or so riding my backside started to hurt, also had a pain down none side of my right leg like sciatica. So I invested in a pillow seat which I could blow into and let down until I was comfy but still just touch ground with my feet. Now I ride all day without a hitch.

Like you Zee, I have a blue ST, I also have a Madstad screen, changed the tinny horns to a pair of 119dB blaster horns, and a few other mods here and there, especially the lights, quite poor are the standard ones, I now have the HID main and dipped, wow, what a difference I can now actually see the road better at night

Now were must put this group out there, as they say be loud and proud
    1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Thanks ZeeAviatrix thanked for this post
    Likes ZeeAviatrix liked this post
  4. Gunther
    Gunther
    Hey Flook, I didn't know you are a fellow short man . As far as your back is concerned, have it checked by a doctor, phisical therapy can do miracles, not for the height though
    Mine has an extra low saddle (BMW) and that's all, then I added MV handlebar risers which move it backwards about 2" and GIVI side protections, basically 2 black bended pipes bolted on the engine to avoid scratches, no screens.
    Where I live we almost have no straight roads, so if you like bends... you have bread for your teeth, as we say. I usually mount a throttle controller for freeway, to prevent finger numbness (we old gents, have everyday more problems), in general for trips abroad
  5. Randyjaco
    Randyjaco
    Terry's seat is the best mod that I have ever done to my bike.
    https://www.terryscustomseats.com/
    Way more comfortable than anything stock. It helps get your feet closer to the ground
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
  6. Gunther
    Gunther
    That seat looks very thick! Anyway, I don't weigh much, and also I move continuously on the saddle, as I have already said, no straight roads here
  7. Randyjaco
    Randyjaco
    That's the surprising part. It only has @ a half-inch of padding. There is still plenty of room to move your butt around.
  8. ZeeAviatrix
    ZeeAviatrix
    Hey, Flook, what is the blow up cushion you mentioned? That sounds like a good option for a long trip!
  9. Flook
    Flook
    Hi there, it is an Air Hawk, comes in two parts, the outer is a protective cover and looks smart, the inner part is divided into air pockets with a valve attached. You blow into the valve to pump it up, and release the valve as you want to let air out until you are happy with it and comfy. And yes it is like sitting on a comfy chair.

When I first got mine I blew it up to near maximum then sat on it, too high and was wiggling all over the seat, I reduced the air down and went out fora ride as it felt okay, but... When I used the breaks I slide forwards and ouch!!! AAAahhhh..... Reduced the air again and kept on reducing until it seemed near flat and then it was perfect.

Cost was around £90 UK pounds, and have not regretted buying it.

Have fun

Flook
  10. Flook
    Flook
    I see my old friend Walrus1 has joined. Long time no hear from you old buddie. Check out the EM8 club as well our old mate PatH is there as well, be good to see you again sometime.

Flook
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast