So, I was on the twisted throttle website ordering some new farkles for my F700GS, and my wife decided she wanted a skid plate for her F650GS. Found it, and added it to the cart. The shipment arrived, and we unpacked everything, and the parts bag for her plate contained the wrong items. I called them, and was told that that's how the kit comes, and if I need hardware that my bike didn't come with, I should contact my BMW dealer. Not a big deal as it was spacers, bolts, and nuts, and I figured I would run to the hardware store to get them when I had a moment. I was annoyed though, and sent a snarky reply to the customer service website.

This is the moment a big slice of humble pie was brought for my dining pleasure.

I had been searching under the "what fits my bike" section, and although the two bikes are nearly identical, this is one of those items that isn't exactly the same. I had actually ordered the wrong part. I had ordered the plate for the 700, not the 650. When Twisted Throttle's customer service called me, he was polite, and even though it was my error, offered to send the parts that would have come with the plate had I ordered the correct one. So, I wanted to offer a public thank you, and a kudos on fantastic service, especially when the customer (me!) was so clearly wrong.