F 800 Gs - BMW G450X Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

03-07-10
    Wow I am loving BMW ownership.....NOT I have a new F 800 GS and ever sence new the front rim is out of round. I took it to the dealer and he said o well and wanted to charge me $200 to look at it....I guess it does not surprise me from a dealer that charged me $70 to check the header bolts at the 600 mile service. I dont know what to do about the rim......I guess I will take it to a rim guy and have it trued. I thought BMW service was top notch and the warrenty was best in class......yea right. I was thinking about a GSA, but after this I might reconsider.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

03-07-10
    I still really wonder why it is that they just cant true the wheel. I wonder if they even check the spokes over before delivery. NOT... I just want it fixed right. I do wonder how it made it all the way to the consumer before anyone noticed.

Ware, Herts, UK Pat H is offline F800Riders.org Supporter

Real Name
    Pat
    10-06-22
    Motorcycle
    '06 F800S
    Is there another dealer you can run it to Mark?

Basically there are some really crap dealers out there and they do their best to trash the BMW experience.
    On the otherhand there are some great dealers that can make the experience enjoyable even if the bikes not ideal.
    Flame red F800s as of Nov 2006. Watch for me around North London.

Don't miss the F800 Garage Door Opener Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C-Bxifv2Pk 

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

03-07-10
    I will try another dealer and see what they say. The real problem is that they are both owned by the same folks. No other ones even close. Thanks for the reply.

Real Name
    Jason A
    08-23-21
    Motorcycle
    '09 F 800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    yeah there are some shit dealers out there, i know a few
    Quote Originally Posted by batamali View Post
    Can you pass that $#it you,ve been smokin Arles?...
    yes i can...

03-07-10
    Well I took a close look at the front rim, and the inner set of spokes are bent at an angle. That means that the workload is just on the outside spokes. What crap.
    The real fix......sence BMW says it is my fault....BC....is to send the wheel to Woodys Wheel Works and have a REAL wheel built. Also Behr rims are built out of shit metal.
    Check into it... I will let you all know what BMW does when I take them the hoop and explain what I have learned.

Real Name
    Sasha
    04-15-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Well I took a close look at the front rim, and the inner set of spokes are bent at an angle.
    ...Batamali... 

03-07-10
    Well Woody does a great wheel, and then a front axle recall, then a radeator recall, then a fuel guage that does not work, then a fuel cell covering that is cracking.....when will this madness stop......as soon as I sell it.

Real Name
    Glenn
    04-13-14
    Hi Pat H,

Thank you for the excellent advice regarding the automatic garage door openers, I have one of these children devices, unfortunately it's self relocated to its own property and I not sure I want to invest in another.

Not far from you, in Bengeo

Cheers Glenn