Valentine BT LE module installed - BMW G450X Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Dan H
    07-13-21
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800ST
    I got tired of the tangle of wires, RF interference, and the poor quality of Valentine's Remote Audio Adapter, which seems to give up under the stresses of handlebar vibes after about a year.

So I decided to try their V1 Connection LE Bluetooth module. It plugs into the V1 radar detector's ACC port on the hardwire power adapter and by my measurement draws about 3 milliamps when idle. But being conservative (electrically speaking), I wired it to the GPS switched circuit on my ST, just to be safe.

Paired with the excellent v1Driver app on my iPhone 5S it makes for a reliable wireless connection, sending the V1's radar alerts to the phone and from there to my Sena 20S on my helmet.

The LE module sells for $50 and comes with basic software for smartphones. But on an iOS device it won't run in the background, so your battery won't last very long. A $10 investment in the excellent v1Driver app, which allows a lot of fine tuning of the V1 and runs in the background, is well worth it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/v1dr...081009674?mt=8

EDIT: Extra bonus; I haven't had to push the V1 mute button once since programming some simple but effective auto-muting functions in v1Driver. I'd much rather use that hand for clutching as I slow down to avoid a perfomance certificate.

-dan
    Last edited by danham; 09-24-17 at 03:57 PM.
    Blue '09 F800 ST: ABS, toasty grips, trip computer, center stand, sport panniers, Ventura luggage, Valentine 1, Garmin zümo 660 RAM mounted, Sena 20S, P3 LED tail lights, Grip Pups, Centech AP-1 fuse panel, Go Cruise control, Shoei GT-Air, Gerbing's jacket liner, MRA X-creen Sport.