Corona virus - BMW G450X Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 1630

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    It'll be interesting to watch the coming months. The phrase "herd mentality" comes to mind. No one likes to take the non-popular stand, which is one reason why so many countries followed the lead of everyone else. If they were proved to be wrong later with the lockdowns and vaccines, then they could point to how everyone else was doing it and have some cover. But the same idea goes the other way. Once a few countries take away the restrictions, the others will follow. Pretty soon, the countries that are still imposing restrictions will be the ones standing alone. No politician wants to be the last to take the "obvious" stand.

Sea Change: France, Ireland Set to Follow England in Easing COVID Restrictions

Both France and Ireland look set to begin easing COVID restrictions, with officials in both countries outlining plans for an escape from lockdown rules in the wake of the UK’s government announcing a bonfire of regulations for England.Movement in both nations comes just days after UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced that a wide variety of measures — including the mandatory wearing of masks in a multitude of public places — would be imminently scrapped.
    According to a report by the Irish Independent, Ireland is now also looking at dumping a wide variety of lockdown rules, including scrapping all measures to do with the nation’s embattled hospitality sector.
    The paper reports that the nation’s National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) has also recommended the end of the nation’s internal system of vaccine certs, potentially putting to an end the banning of unjabbed individuals within Ireland from indoor dining, among other amenities, unless they can prove that they have recovered from the Chinese Coronavirus.
    A negative COVID test has never been sufficient within the country as a method to bypass such restrictions.
    German Government “Concerned” About Massive Anti-COVID Restriction Protests
    The German government is seriously “concerned” over the sheer number of protests against COVID restrictions in recent weeks, which are the most widespread in the country’s history.
    Influential German broadsheet Die Welt reveals that on the same day, protests took place in over 1,000 locations across the country.

And that brings about a problem for the politicians. They grabbed a medical disease and used it for political purposes. Now they have to get ahead of the narrative they can no longer control.

As America Enters Year Three of COVID, The Biden Regime Struggles to Reprogram Its Pandemic-Crazed Base

Readers of Revolver have known the truth about Covid-19 for well over a year now. The truth, reduced to a few key and essential facts, is as follows:
    • Covid-19 is, overall, not that deadly, and getting less deadly all the time.
    • Most of those who die of Covid are already unwell, often extremely unwell.
    • Most interventions to contain Covid, in particular lockdowns and ubiquitous masking, don’t work.
    • Children are nearly immune to Covid and do very little to spread it.
    • In terms of effect on America’s prosperity, stability, health, and mental well-being, the “cures” for Covid have been far more harmful than the disease itself.

For the past year, stating these facts could get a person banned from Facebook or shut down on YouTube and Twitter.

But now, abruptly, the Biden Administration and its mouthpieces are trying to make this the conventional wisdom. Sensing political calamity if it can’t get the country to move past Covid, what might be called the “West Wing” branch of progressivism desperately wants to adjust narratives and calm their base down, so that life (and the economy) can go back to normal.
    Suddenly, all over the place, the old stalwarts of Covid hysteria are saying things that mere weeks ago constituted “misinformation” you could get censored for uttering.

Meanwhile, this will be like trying to turn an ocean liner around. The FDA is considering approving the Pfizer experimental jab for kids under 5. And the Canadian and US borders are closed to non-vaxxed truckers.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Well, one thing is for sure there are a lot of drug companies, testing labs, insurance companies, needle manufacturers and the like making big bucks from the virus vaccination and testing business. While I don't feel sorry for them, I do feel really bad for all of the hospital staff, including doctors and nurses, that have to take care of the people who get sick and somehow also manage to fit that effort into all of the other things that hospitals have to deal with every day. I don't know how they could put up that continuous workload and level of stress for the past couple of years. I really hope that this year there is finally an end to the Covid-19 experience.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

4. Likes Daboo liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    In today's California virus news, a state legislator has just introduced a bill that would authorize children as young as 12 years old to go to a pharmacy or doctor and ask for a vaccination without their parents' permission and without their parents even knowing what they did. If the bill is approved by the state legislature and signed by the governor, the law will become effective next January 1.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Last night a SF TV station was doing a news story praising the free Covid test kits being mailed to everyone by the U.S. government and they presented a short interview by a Bay Area Congressman. He said that if we all keep testing we will be able to quickly end the Covid-19 crisis and return to our normal lives. (Oh my aching brain.)

Real Name
    Gerry
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    In today's California virus news, a state legislator has just introduced a bill that would authorize children as young as 12 years old to go to a pharmacy or doctor and ask for a vaccination without their parents' permission and without their parents even knowing what they did. If the bill is approved by the state legislature and signed by the governor, the law will become effective next January 1.
    That is a bad precedent. People are becoming too unyielding and absolute in their positions and then use the government and departments of authority to act as the state can best decide for our children. I saw the other day that a legislator or board member (Michigan, I believe) went on record to say, to paraphrase, that parents should not have input on school curriculum. Huh? They are our children, and we fund the schools.
    2009 F800ST (Night Blue Metallic) l 1999 SV650 (Naked & Red) l
    l 2012 G650 GS Sertao l 2012 Can-Am Spyder RT-S (Mrs. Meteor's...) 

9. Likes Richard230, scf liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    No problem until the landing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	don't need it.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	451.7 KB 
ID:	375793  

11. Likes TheMeteor, MGD109, IanA, BoxerBits liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    You might be more sorry in a few months...but then you live in Kalifornia where you're used to giving up your freedoms.

Did you see the Johns-Hopkins study that showed lockdowns only decreased the mortality rate by 0.2%? That's 0.002. It took quite awhile for any word on it to come out. Why? It didn't fit the narrative. Now that it hit Tucker Carlson...its pretty hard to ignore. So now if you do a search for it, all you get are the hit pieces to discredit the study.

We gave up a lot of freedoms without blinking an eye. We'll never get those back again. Our democratic republic has changed fundamentally in the last two years.

We hear, well the "science changed". Science doesn't change. Hypothesis's change. There was never anything proven. Just look at Fauci's flip-flopping on whether to mask or not mask. Then about the vax. Get the vax, and your life can return to normal. Then get the vax and wear a mask. Was that so I don't get the virus? Or so you don't get the virus?

Just read something this morning that was talking about how we have so many new billionaires...and so many more people now in poverty. We have just witnessed the biggest vertical transfer of wealth in world history. And not because of a medical pandemic, but a political plandemic. Why is it now that studies are showing hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin do a lot of good and make the virus far less deadly? But those who tried to prescribe those were shut down or cancelled.

I asked my primary care doctor about that when I went to see him last. He has his own practice so I thought he'd be kind of immune from the political pressure. He said that early on when he prescribed those, he got a call from a pharmacist friend who gave him a warning. The pharmacy was told to compile a list of doctors who were prescribing those two drugs. The implications were pretty clear.

BTW, "sheeple" is a pretty good description. Ever hear of any NFL teams named the "sheep"? We have the Rams. But no sheep. I wonder why...

Chris

Real Name
    Gerry
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800ST

14. Likes MGD109 liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    The first line tells you all you need to know about the article. "Have you seen the so-called “Johns Hopkins study” that’s been making the social media and Bill Maher rounds lately? "

You could take the attitude that lockdowns were effective. Then you could also say, okay...I'll look at some empirical data and make my own decision.

A year ago, all the news headlines were about the "super spreader" event that the Superbowl was going to be. Yawn. Didn't happen. The Superbowl did, but the superspreader event didn't. Then there's Texas and Florida. Everyone's going to die there. Yawn... Kalifornia and NYC have more issues...in fact, the locations that locked down the most, are generally the areas where the most people are dying. Sweden is another example.

And then there's the blue states that are easing or eliminating their COVID restrictions in anticipation of a blood bath in the mid-term elections. Hoping the voters will forget what the elected (and non-elected) officials did to them...even in the face of scientific proof that lockdowns weren't doing anything but making middle income people go out of business or out of work. Wow!...if the lockdowns work so well...why are they getting rid of them for political reasons?

And if the lockdowns work so well, why are we over 2 years into a 2-week level the curve lockdown? Again, empirical evidence suggests Forbes was feeding you a bunch of bull pukey.

But if you want to believe lockdowns work...great! Stay home. Put your mask on. After all, you're probably vaccinated too.

Meanwhile, I'll probably put another 15,000 miles on my GT this coming year.

Chris

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT

Anybody looking at the above and still ascertains that lockdowns have a negative impact on the spread of Covid is denying truth, fact and logic to the point of being delusional.

As the conspiracy theorist get herded into their alternative reality pens I wonder if any understand who the "sheeple" actually are.
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Sorley missed Honda TLR200
    Enjoy the ride 

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by MGD109 View Post

Anybody looking at the above and still ascertains that lockdowns have a negative impact on the spread of Covid is denying truth, fact and logic to the point of being delusional.

As the conspiracy theorist get herded into their alternative reality pens I wonder if any understand who the "sheeple" actually are.
    I guess you'd include Boris Johnson in that assessment. Wasn't he the first European leader to remove COVID restrictions? You're probably going to continue following lockdown procedures after they end, right? If they work, why quit?

If the lockdowns work so well, why are we three years into the two week lockdown? And if the vaccines work so well, why are caseloads higher in 2021 than in 2020 when we didn't have them and we started the lockdowns?

And if the lockdowns, vaccines and other restrictions work so well...why are leaders one after another eliminating them? Don't they care about their people? Or is it that the (poli)science has changed?

The CDC is revamping their numbers. For some reason, it never occurred to them to count the number of people dying FROM COVID separately than those dying WITH COVID. That'll give them a reason to back off as well.

I also wonder if people realize the "sheeple" they've been.

Chris

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    As ever Daboo you have missed the point entirely.

Why are you over 250 times (255 to be exact) more likely to have died from Covid if living in the USA than living in New Zealand? (if you are struggling with the maths use the deaths/1M column)

You will of course not address this, in the same way you will not address the excess USA deaths 2020.
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Enjoy the ride 

19. Likes IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Because the numbers are meaningless. Are we counting apples or oranges?

CDC director criticized for now differentiating between dying 'from’ vs. dying 'with' COVID-19
    Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky drew criticism on Sunday for her method of identifying COVID-19 deaths in the U.S., making a sudden distinction between those who died "from" the virus and those who died "with" it.
    Where did the numbers you're quoting come from? There have been countless news articles calling into question the accuracy of those numbers. I've mentioned one of them earlier in this thread. A motorcyclist who died at the scene of an accident...but was counted as a COVID death because...well, he did test positive...it paid the hospital far more money than if they had a COVID patient who died than a traffic accident victim. Why it has taken the CDC over two years to think of what is obvious...and start trying to differentiate deaths is beyond me. No...it's understandable. It's total incompetence.

So skip the numbers. They are bogus, and if you're honest with yourself, you'll admit it. Go to what you can see.

Why did your country's leader, Boris Johnson, back off from the COVID restrictions?

10-12-22
    And we’re going into the 3rd yr of COVID.
    I’m getting tired of wearing a mask, but when I go to stores I wear one.
    If for no other reason, if the employees are required to wear one, I will also.
    I will not go to concerts or large gatherings any longer.
    I’m sure glad I saw John Prine in concert before he died of COVID.
    I’ve read that before this is all over everybody will have had it.
    I’m glad I’ve Had my vaccinations and boosters.
    I guess I can still catch COVID but probably won’t die. I hope.
    Of course my opinion only, and possibly mine alone in the whole universe.
    Cheers

22. Likes Daboo, Richard230, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I'm taking a little bit different approach to the masks than you are, scf. I know that certain stores don't enforce mask wearing, and for those stores, I don't wear a mask. If asked, I will. But I've been helped by the store manager in a couple of them and no one acts any different because I'm not wearing a mask than if I was. My hope is that if enough people quit wearing masks, then the mask requirements will go away like they are in some states already. I get the feeling that the store employees I talk to, wish they could breathe clean air also.

As for concerts, etc. you may find yourself rethinking that as time goes on. Kalifornia's Gavin Newsome was filmed maskless at the LA Rams football game with Magic Johnson. It wasn't just that the governor who was imposing restrictions on everyone was maskless...it was also that he was with Magic Johnson who has HIV/AIDS and is immune compromised.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9640-1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	375817

If they don't feel the need to mask, social distance, etc. why should you? Again, empirical evidence. The people directing you to lockdown and mask don't seem to be worried about it for themselves. So why should you?

Chris

10-12-22
    I don’t give a fork about them.
    It’s a full time job worrying about me & mine.

EDIT: Speaking of the Rams, I’m trying to decide whether to put $$ on them Sunday.

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    In the SF Bay Area all of the 9 counties are going maskless in a couple of days except for the county of Santa Clara. Their county health officer seems as though she doesn't want the pandemic to ever end so that she can keep a big budget and big staff to browbeat the county residents. Almost every day she gives a lecture to the reporters on the news about how the residents of Santa Clara (think Silicon Valley and San Jose) need special treatment. However the other counties say they are so well vaccinated that wearing masks are no longer really needed, except in schools, where the younger children are only 23% vaccinated. Otherwise they are leaving the mask requirement up to individual businesses, which likely will respond to the demands and concerns of their workers. Also, masks continue to be required for hospitals, homeless shelters and nursing homes.

In my neighborhood, half of the people walking around don't wear masks, while the other half wear masks, hats, gloves and goggles even when walking by themselves and the wind is blowing 20 mph. And they will even walk to the other side of the street when they see someone coming in their direction. It is ether one extreme or the other.
    Last edited by Richard230; 02-10-22 at 05:25 PM.

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    scf, I'd go with the Bengals. Their uniforms are nicer.

The schools are really crazy. The kids have virtually no chance of catching or transmitting the disease. The CDC finally came out and admitted that non-symptomatic people can't transmit the disease. Well, kids catch everything else under the sun...but apparently, not this. Doesn't stop the masks or vaxxes.

The masks are a real issue for the kids. I teach a Bible study class on Thursday evenings. For a few nights, I was a bit anxious about how some of the older guys were taking things. For those who aren't familiar, almost every other book in the Bible is pretty straight-forward for interpreting. But Revelation??? Nope. There are so many different ways of interpreting it and some people get pretty animated when talking about it, like we might about politics, etc. So...anyway, there were these two older guys and they seemed like they were about ready to pounce on me. Leaning forward in their chairs. Beady eyes boring holes in me.

Turns out, that was the total wrong impression once they quit wearing masks a couple weeks later. After that, I can totally see why this is hurting children's development.

And I don't think the issue is disease. There were a lot of selfies taken at beaches where the teachers were vacationing while supposedly the kids couldn't go to school in person. I know it takes my wife a lot of time and effort to develop an online class for what she teaches at the college level...but once done, the work load is much less. And if you aren't dedicated about what you're doing...it takes no time at all.

The polls must've had some real bad news, because almost overnight, the mask and vaccine requirements are going away in so many places. I think many politicians want to get as far away from that as possible, and quickly. The last thing they want to be, is the one trying to enforce Draconian rules while everyone else has dropped the restrictions.

Chris

27. Dislikes MGD109 disliked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    And, of course, the news media keeps stirring the pot and trying to make everyone crazy. Regarding schools, you have one group of parents screaming that they don't want their kids to wear masks in school and another group of parents (and many teachers) screaming that all children must wear masks in school and if they don't they will keep their children home. Meanwhile the school districts are caught in the middle wondering what to do next.

Meanwhile the Canadian trucker's vaccine/mask/you-can't-tell-me-what-to-do "freedom protest" is spreading to France (OK, I can see that) and New Zealand (that was a surprise!) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w7nOCj_WGA

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Yeah, I'd ride my GT up there to be part of it, but I'd probably not be noticed and squished like a bug on the pavement.

Regarding the schools, it isn't that the school districts are caught in the middle and don't know what to do next -- it is that they feel they know better what to teach the kids and how to raise them than the parents do. I think it is Loudon County where the parents were getting upset at the kids having porn in the school curriculum and library. Was that also the school district where the school board covered up the rape of the girl by a boy who was claiming to be a girl? And that's the county where the students just served the school board with a lawsuit regarding masks.

The dam is breaking...

Chris

10-12-22
    I saw the Canadian truckers protest on the news, many living in their trucks & won’t move them.
    The first thing I thought of (from a practical standpoint) is where do these guys go to use the facilities?
    Will the government have to bring in a fleet of chemical toilets?
    I wonder the same thing when I see tent cities along the side of the road or in big cities on the sidewalk.
    I think I know the answer.

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I learned back in the USAF a rule that has stood ne well over the years. Don't ask the question if you can't stand the answer.

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    One thing about this later stage of the pandemic is that the politicians have jumped into it so much that the public really doesn't know what to do next. You have some doctors say to get fully vaccinated, keep the masks on and stay home as much as possible. Other doctors say that enough people are vaccinated that we should just learn to live with the virus like we do with the flu and let things get back to normal. Then you have the federal government tossing the ball (with random recommendations) to the state governments, who make "mandates" that are not enforced and then tell local county and city governments, along with school districts to do whatever they feel is best for their community (or constituents), but they leave enforcement up to local businesses, which puts them on the hot seat with their customers. This leaves everyone with their heads spinning not knowing what to do and who is really in charge. And of course, the news media keeps the merry-go-round spinning with every broadcast, cherry picking random politician, doctor, and man-on-the-street interviews to add to the spin every day.

But what really I don't understand is why everyone treats the Covid-19 viruses like they are different in every political jurisdiction. You would think that it should be treated with a relatively uniformly response across the world and not depending upon where someone lives or if there is an election coming up this year for the politician that is announcing the latest rules for combating the pandemic.

BTW, next month California's governor, who is up for election this year, plans to announce new state rules to deal with the pandemic that will respond to the decline of the Omicron variant by implementing rules that will take the state back to normal conditions, apparently like we had before the pandemic started if news reports are correct. Those regulations should be interesting - especially as everyone says he has his eye on becoming the U.S. President some day and wouldn't want to make a mistake that might negatively impact his political future.

33. Likes scf liked this post

10-12-22
    And speaking of rules, I learned a good one when being taught heavy equipment operation in the Operating Engineers.
    Never start it up if you don’t know how to shut it off.
    And to be fair, I wouldn’t want to be one of the folks living in a tent on the sidewalk.

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Daboo View Post
    Because the numbers are meaningless. Are we counting apples or oranges?

Where did the numbers you're quoting come from? There have been countless news articles calling into question the accuracy of those numbers. I've mentioned one of them earlier in this thread. A motorcyclist who died at the scene of an accident...but was counted as a COVID death because...well, he did test positive...it paid the hospital far more money than if they had a COVID patient who died than a traffic accident victim. Why it has taken the CDC over two years to think of what is obvious...and start trying to differentiate deaths is beyond me. No...it's understandable. It's total incompetence.
    Numbers for excess deaths here:-

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mo...%20that%20time

Simple Flowchart you can use any finger to follow the lines if that makes it easier:-

So skip the numbers. They are bogus, and if you're honest with yourself, you'll admit it. Go to what you can see.
    Still unable to provide any evidence that excess US deaths in 2020 were not overly high?
    Enjoy the ride 

36. Likes BoxerBits, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    One thing about this later stage of the pandemic is that the politicians have jumped into it so much that the public really doesn't know what to do next. ...

But what really I don't understand is why everyone treats the Covid-19 viruses like they are different in every political jurisdiction. You would think that it should be treated with a relatively uniformly response across the world and not depending upon where someone lives or if there is an election coming up this year for the politician that is announcing the latest rules for combating the pandemic. ...
    The local college my wife teaches at, has a culinary arts department. Because of the COVID restrictions, the "restaurant" has been closed for the past two years, but they now offer take out meals. So I'm walking across the seating area where people are eating their meals or drinking their coffee. Masks were off. This was a safe zone.

I'm not sure if it is a "safe zone" because the virus isn't allowed to be in the air in that area, or if it is simply a polite virus and wants us to be able to enjoy our meals. I think that's why the virus restrictions need to be varied depending on where you live or who is coming up for election.

What's interesting to watch, is how the restrictions are being lifted. As you said, it depends on where you live...but it also depends on if the people putting the restrictions on their subjects are willing to relinquish that power. Was it Virginia where the governor lifted the restrictions and some of the cities said "no". You could see this coming by just watching people. Some people wear a mask where any source you want to reference, will say a mask is worthless. Some go to the extreme of being "Mask Nazi's". The woman on the plane who freaked out about another person's lack of a mask (while she wasn't wearing one) seems crazy, but just reflects the issue there will be by lifting restrictions. The MSM has been brainwashing people for two years. If it took two years to get people this paranoid, how long will it take to undo that? It won't be like flipping a light switch.

Ontario Imposes ‘State of Emergency’ Hours After Report It Considered Dropping Mandates

Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced on Friday that he would impose a “state of emergency” in response to the two-week-old “Freedom Convoy” protests that would, he hoped, end blockades in major cities and on international border crossings.
    But earlier,
    Ford also reportedly told journalists that he would soon entirely do away with the vaccine mandate system, a core demand of the protesters, and “all restrictions on businesses.”
    Trudeau won't back down. He'll go into hiding, but he won't back down. I would not be surprised to see military force used against the truckers this weekend.

Chris

Real Name
    Gerry
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800ST
    Did you actually read the article? The problem with the anti-vaccine and anti-vaccine crowd touting this article as fact is that they infer that it is a peer-reviewed study that was published by the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. It is none of that. It is a working paper published by a professor of the School of Economics - along with two other professors from Liberal political and economic think tanks which show a strong bias against the lockdown and mandates.

Further the data and methodologies are flawed. This would not withstand peer review from an Economics School or a Medical School or a community college. It is important to not just throw around "Johns Hopkins Study' like it is a peer-reviewed medical study.

As for the title being all one needs to know, I would suggest you do some self-reflection on your rampant use of terms like 'plandemic' and 'Kalifornia'. Kind of telegraphs all we need to know. I try to be more open minded and fair to other's opinions.

As for riding, I agree. Get out and enjoy. It is healthier than sitting in a tin-foiled lined basement reading discredited websites and bloggers. Too many people are spending too much time doing that and arguing and being dismissive of others.
    Last edited by TheMeteor; 02-13-22 at 02:41 PM.

39. Likes MGD109 liked this post

10-12-22
    I have to agree with Meteor here.
    Anytime I see someone spell California with a K, i gotta wonder about them.
    What are you trying to infer, or do you not know how to spell?

41. Likes TheMeteor liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by scf View Post
    I have to agree with Meteor here.
    Anytime I see someone spell California with a K, i gotta wonder about them.
    What are you trying to infer, or do you not know how to spell?
    Remember your comments when President Donald Trump runs again. It goes both ways.

Wow! Last Week the “Experts” Admitted Lockdowns Did Not Reduce Mortality Rates — NOW They Admit Masking Was Mostly Worthless

Bloomberg reported:
    Masks have been the most visible part of America’s pandemic response, but one of the least consequential. The fact that 500,000 people worldwide died during the omicron surge means it’s time to change tactics, and focus on what went wrong that led to so many hospitalizations and deaths…
    …The benefits of universal masking have been difficult to quantify. One controlled study in Bangladesh showed a small but statistically significant benefit — among people who consistently used masks, 7.6% got symptomatic infections compared to 8.6% in the control group. Other studies have been inconclusive
    …The Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota have laid out a more complex analysis: Given the current understanding that the virus is transmitted in fine aerosol particles, it’s likely an infectious dose could easily get through and around loose-fitting cloth or surgical masks.

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    So this is a bit worrisome. The non-conspiracy theorists will try to debunk this, but I'm watching it. It doesn't seem to be going away.

UK government data proves COVID-19 vaccines continue to damage immune systems over time, creating vaccine-induced “AIDS”

More important, the data shows just how ineffective the COVID-19 vaccines are. The writers at the independent British media outlet the Daily Expose have studied the data and found that the fully vaccinated adults in the U.K. have a 65 percent lower immune response than the unvaccinated.
    “Therefore, the average fully vaccinated person in England is down to the last 35 percent of their immune system for fighting certain classes of viruses and certain cancers,” wrote the Daily Expose. “So now we know for certain from the U.K. Government that the COVID-19 injections damage the innate immune system to the point where a not-vaccinated person’s immune system is much better at preventing infection.”
    EU ADMITS repeatedly taking COVID-19 vaccine boosters could destroy the immune system

The European Union recently admitted that repeatedly taking Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine boosters could destroy the immune system.According to the European Medicines Agency, the E.U.’s main drug regulator, taking a COVID-19 booster every four months could drastically weaken the body’s defense against infection.
    Bloomberg later attempted to backtrack its reporting by claiming that what EU regulators actually said was that repeated booster vaccinations could hamper the immune response and may not be feasible.
    “[Boosters] can be done once, or maybe twice, but it’s not something that we can think should be repeated constantly,” said Marco Cavaleri, head of biological health threats and vaccines strategy for the EMA. “We need to think about how we can transition from the current pandemic setting to a more endemic setting.”
    All Cause Mortality: Why Have Deaths Skyrocketed After the Covid Vaccine? (Exclusive Interview)

Last year, French Virologist and Nobel Prize Winner Luc Montagnier warned about ADE (Antibody Dependent Enhancement), a potentially deadly phenomenon related to vaccines and immunities. Today, honest physicians are “very concerned” that ADE is “happening now” as all cause mortality skyrockets despite the introduction of the coronavirus “vaccine”, Dr. Hodkinson told RAIR.

So the spiked proteins spread throughout the body and don't stay in the injection site. It seems to be causing issues with both the immune system's normal functioning and also causing organ failures. There are more and more cases of people having adverse effects or even dying on camera and the conclusion is pretty obvious even if the health officials and pharmaceutical execs won't admit it.

Comedian Heather McDonald Got Her Booster Three Weeks Before Collapsing, WON’T Be Getting 4th Jab

Real Name
    Gerry
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800ST

So...your source of news in the link is The Gateway Pundit

The Gateway Pundit (TGP) is an American far-right[2] fake news website.[1] The website is known for publishing falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories.[31]
    Founded by Jim Hoft in 2004, The Gateway Pundit expanded from a one-person enterprise into a multi-employee operation that is supported primarily by advertising revenue.[32][33] During the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign, the site received over a million unique visitors per day.[34]Twitter permanently suspended Hoft's account (@gatewaypundit) on February 6, 2021, for repeatedly publishing misinformation about the 2020 U.S. presidential election.[35][36][37] In September 2021, Google demonetized the site for publishing misinformation.[38][39][40]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gateway_Pundit

LIke I wrote earlier, you have a deep fondness for discredited websites and misinformation. Not even looking at your other links because you have lost creditability. I cannot waste my time.

45. Likes MGD109, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeteor View Post
    ...LIke I wrote earlier, you have a deep fondness for discredited websites and misinformation. Not even looking at your other links because you have lost creditability. I cannot waste my time.
    That's fine. Time will tell. The MSM totally ignores all of this, so it isn't like you can find the info elsewhere. And what gets published where others can see...is immediately censored.

So...Johnson & Johnson is stopping production of their COVID vax to make a more profitable vax. Does that have anything to do with the latest "gain-of-function" virus?

Johnson & Johnson Quietly Shut Down Production of COVID-19 Vaccine — Reportedly Making an Experimental But More Profitable Vaccine Instead

Johnson & Johnson has quietly stopped its production of COVID-19 vaccines at a facility in the Netherlands late last year, New York Times reported.
    Last year, a stunning new study that was conducted by researchers from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota has concluded that the Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccine increases the risk of developing a rare and deadly blood clotting condition in the brain.
    The study, which was published on Monday in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), found that recipients of the one-shot J&J vaccine are 3.5 times more likely (8.65 per 100,000) to develop cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) when compared to the general population (2.34 per 100,000).
    If the links inside the article are from reputable sources, who cares if it was put together by the Gateway Pundit? BTW, Wikipedia is about as left-wing as you can get, per its founder.

So...what would J&J be prepping for? They came to the COVID game late and lost a lot of profits.

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Remember your comments when President Donald Trump runs again. It goes both ways.
    I confess to not being fully conversant with the American electoral process but is it possible to run for office it you are wearing an orange jumpsuit?

And isn't Trump Ex President? I'm sure I saw on the news you guys have elected a new one or do you sometimes have two Presidents at the same time? It's a very confusing system you have over there.
    Enjoy the ride 

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    I confess to not being fully conversant with the American electoral process but is it possible to run for office it you are wearing an orange jumpsuit?

And isn't Trump Ex President? I'm sure I saw on the news you guys have elected a new one or do you sometimes have two Presidents at the same time? It's a very confusing system you have over there.
    In our election system I wouldn't be surprised if wearing an orange jumpsuit and a MAGA hat might get you elected to something. We are very liberal here - and of course, confused.

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT

In our election system I wouldn't be surprised if wearing an orange jumpsuit and a MAGA hat might get you elected to something. We are very liberal here - and of course, confused.
    I don't think Hilary would look particularly good in a MAGA hat, though the orange would go well with her grey hair.

We'll have some interesting times coming up. For four years, the liberal left and MSM has been totally against anything "Trump". When Biden "ran" for president inside a bunker, the Democrat party platform was simple...he's not Trump. Now you see what we got as a result, and it isn't pretty. The Democrats haven't worried about playing dirty politics and breaking the law, because the Republicans have tried to take the high road and haven't prosecuted. That may all change in a year. I hope so.

John Durham: Democrats Paid to ‘Infiltrate’ Trump White House Servers

Lawyers for the Clinton campaign allegedly paid the technology executive to infiltrate servers at the Trump Tower and the White House, Durham said in court filings (pdf), in order to establish an “inference” and “narrative” to tie Trump to the Russian government. Durham’s office made the claim as part of his investigation that had brought charges against Michael Sussmann, a lawyer who had worked on behalf of the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign and who is currently charged with making a false statement to the FBI.
    The Media Blackout of Durham's Bombshell Report Alleging Clinton Campaign 'Infiltrated' Trump Tower

“I Hope Donald Trump Sues Them All for Everything!… This is the Biggest Scandal We’ve Ever Seen!” – Maria Bartiromo EXPLODES Over News Hillary Camp Paid to Infiltrate Trump Servers to Link Trump to Russia (VIDEO)

This weekend we learned that the Durham investigators uncovered evidence that shows Hillary Clinton’s team paid operatives to “infiltrate” the Trump Tower and then President Trump’s White House servers to link Trump to Russia.
    Parallels Emerge Between ‘Deep State’ Spying on Trump and Netanyahu

In the Trump case, Special Counsel John Durham filed a motion Friday in the prosecution of a former Hillary Clinton lawyer that suggested Clinton associates paid a contractor to spy on Trump and his associates, during the 2016 campaign and once Trump became president. Their goal was to dig up dirt on Trump and to support the Russia “collusion” conspiracy theory, which turned out to be false but crippled Trump’s presidency and led indirectly to a failed impeachment effort in 2019.
    It was already known that the FBI had eavesdropped on Trump aide Carter Page by using surveillance warrants that were obtained deceptively, using the fraudulent “Russia dossier.” The new allegations suggest far more extensive spying — and while there is no direct evidence of government involvement, the spying used government resources and took place at the same time that the Obama administration opened its own investigation into alleged Trump-Russia “collusion” in July 2016.

This might be the best article of them all.

The Surveillance and Political Spying Operations Highlighted by John Durham are the Tip of the Iceberg

Against the latest court filings by John Durham, highlighting the tip of the political surveillance iceberg, I have been asked to re-post the deep dive into the totality of the scale of the iceberg. I will add some of the latest information into the outline to show how it all connects.Barack Obama and Eric Holder did not create a weaponized DOJ and FBI; instead, what they did was take the preexisting system and retool it, so the weapons only targeted one side of the political continuum.
    Together they recalibrated the domestic surveillance capabilities, the internal spying systems, so that only their political opposition would be targeted. This point is where many people understandably get confused.
    I'm surprised President Trump is even running again for office, but I'm glad he will. His situation reminds me of the saying I heard many years ago, "It is difficult to remember the objective was to drain the swamp when you are up to your ass in alligators." People he hired to do a job, took the jobs and secretly worked against him. People like William Barr, the Attorney General, had no plans to do their job...just wait till President Trump is out of office and it'll all go away. All the stuff in the articles above was known by the Washington insiders back when it started while Trump was still campaigning.

The scary part for any of us, is how the gov't has been weaponized against anyone who doesn't agree with the politics of the insiders. The IRS years ago was targeting conservative and Christian groups. That started when President Obama was in office. The FBI used the Clinton campaign money to fabricate a Russian dossier to take down a candidate for president...and then continued to do so after he took office. How do you get the FBI to investigate itself? This is all not only illegal, but far bigger than Watergate.

And as for President Trump being arrested? He has a lot of allegations, but that's all it is. After 5 years of intense investigations by people who hate the very air he breathes...if they could've found something, they would have.

Chris

Real Name
    Nigel
    08-26-22
    Think you're spending too much time on those dodgy web sites again [emoji23]

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

51. Likes Richard230 liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxerBits View Post
    Think you're spending too much time on those dodgy web sites again [emoji23]
    I can't believe you guys even bother to reply.

It takes so little time to pick this "dodgy" stuff up, that I have time for this: https://f800riders.org/forum/showthr...15#post2894115

Chris

Real Name
    Nigel
    08-26-22
    I can't believe you guys even bother to reply.
    . ..
    Many have already come to that conclusion.

You appear to be of the mistaken opinion that these dodgy links you're posting actually add to your debating credibility! [emoji2960]

54. Likes IanA, MGD109, TheMeteor liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Interesting article on the liability of vaccine manufacturers and your options if you get an adverse reaction.

Children’s Health Defense CEO Mary Holland Explains Why FDA-Approved “Vaccines” Are Never Going to Be Available in the US

https://noqreport.com/2022/02/26/childrens-health-defense-ceo-mary-holland-explains-why-fda-approved-vaccines-are-never-going-to-be-available-in-the-us/

If I understand it right, your recourse if you get harmed by a EUA vaccine is basically nil. There's a process, but no one is going to take it. If you are harmed by an FDA approved vaccine, there is a way to be compensated. So what the military and other powers that be are doing is saying the EUA vaccine is the same as the FDA approved vaccine -- take it or else. But legally, they are not the same. You take it, and all the burden is on you if anything goes wrong.

I saw an article a couple days ago saying that some life insurance companies are starting to say that if you die from the EUA vaccine, they are considering that as suicide, meaning they won't pay up.

Meanwhile, where is Fauci when you need him?

Chris

Real Name
    Nigel
    08-26-22
    Where do you dig this claptrap up from?
    [emoji23]

57. Likes MGD109 liked this post

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    The schools are really crazy. The kids have virtually no chance of catching or transmitting the disease. The CDC finally came out and admitted that non-symptomatic people can't transmit the disease. Well, kids catch everything else under the sun...but apparently, not this. Doesn't stop the masks or vaxxes.
    Meanwhile back in the real world, I caught Covid (tested positive not simply had a cold so it must be Covid). Came via my youngest (tested daily at the schools request). She is unvaxed and was washed out for a couple of days, For me it felt like a hangover mussy head, mild sniffles not an issue continued to work from home. My wife who is some measure younger than me was hit worse 4 days raised temperature unable to work a couple of days in bed. Impossible to say what the outcome would have been if not vaccinated but I would not hesitate to get an annual Covid jab if it comes to it.

I work in a team of about 20 (all working from home throughout the pandemic), currently 6 have had Covid. 4 of us caught it from our children after schools were reopened.

Please stop posting lies.
    Enjoy the ride 

59. Likes TheMeteor, Richard230, BoxerBits, scf liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    In other news...

Iceland ends COVID-19 rules and plans for infecting 'as many people as possible'

Iceland’s Health Ministry lifted all pandemic restrictions and said that everyone should get infected with the virus. Minister of Health Willum Thor Thorsson made the announcement on Wednesday that all anti-coronavirus transmission rules, including mask mandates and border restrictions, would be lifted as of midnight on Friday, according to the Reykjavik Grapevine.

“Widespread societal resistance to coronavirus is the main route out of the epidemic,” the ministry said in a statement to Reuters. “To achieve this, as many people as possible need to be infected with the virus as the vaccines are not enough, even though they provide good protection against serious illness.”

Real Name
    Gerry
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800ST
    Regarding children and mask use, this CDC study published Feb 25 may be of interest. It is science, so you probably again won't read it. I agree that , please posting lies and misinformation. You can choose to not vaccinate yourself and come what may. But the kind thing to do is not spread misinformation to influence others that are vulnerable.

AR is attack rate of the virus if you don't want to open the link.

On a side note, a family member of mine caught the virus early last summer from her son (8 years old) after several teachers in the school fell ill.

SARS-CoV-2 B.1.1.529 (Omicron) Variant Transmission Within Households — Four U.S. Jurisdictions, November 2021–February 2022 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

Discussion

Omicron infection resulted in high ARs among household contacts in this investigation, particularly among those who lived with index patients who were not vaccinated or who did not practice prevention measures (isolating or ever wearing a mask at home). The estimated overall AR in this investigation is consistent with the range of ARs observed in other Omicron transmission studies†††† (3), and higher than those associated with some other SARS-CoV-2 variants.§§§§ These findings underscore the importance of implementation of multicomponent prevention measures for reducing SARS-CoV-2 transmission in household settings, including from the Omicron variant (4).
    ARs were consistently high across household contact and index patient age groups, including those aged 0–4 years. This age group is currently not eligible for vaccination and is a population in which some prevention strategies, such as isolation and mask use, might be difficult or impractical to implement. These findings further highlight young children’s potential contribution to household transmission of SARS-CoV-2, as well as their ongoing susceptibility to infection when SARS-CoV-2 is introduced in the home¶¶¶¶ (5).

62. Likes MGD109 liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    It seems that a number of you consider anything that doesn't fit your narrative to be lies and misinformation. As for children, now that you've brought that up...the rest of the world thinks that is unhealthy and won't allow it. Ask yourself why the population that has the least chance of being harmed by COVID and even carrying it -- but has an excellent chance of being harmed by the vaccines -- is targeted for 100% vaccination. If you haven't figured out yet, the CDC is in bed with the FDA and the drug companies. They sit on each others boards and make millions.

As for the family member catching COVID from her son, was the son vaccinated? The same misinformation that you consider lies is showing the body's immune system is damaged by the vaccines. Being vaccinated actually would make him more vulnerable to pick up COVID than if he wasn't.

And as for masks...the CDC is rescinding the mask mandate across much of the nation. And a large part of the nation, just totally ignored it anyway. Washington state is a good example. In the Puget Sound area, masks are seen everywhere. East of the mountains...they quit following the governor's mandates a long time ago. Even here in Puget Sound, I go into places like Home Depot, Lowes, Fred Meyer, Staples, QFC and many other stores and no one tells me to put on a mask. And I'm not the only one.

The CDC's Explanation for Its Reversal on School Mask Mandates Is Transparently Dishonest

The agency emphasizes that children face a very low risk from COVID-19, which it has known all along.

The CDC, as always, claims to be following the science and adapting to changing conditions. But given that CDC Director Rochelle Walensky was saying as recently as February 15 that the agency had no plans to change its recommendations for schools, it seems clear that the CDC is shifting with the same political winds that encouraged one Democratic governor after another to lift statewide mask mandates.
    The fact that Walensky announced the changes before the CDC had even managed to revise its "Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in K–12 Schools" suggests she was anxious to disguise the agency's growing irrelevance. If the CDC had waited much longer, it would have become painfully clear that almost no one was paying attention to its advice anymore.
    I had COVID back in January as well. It wasn't a big deal. I took it seriously, but I've had worse bouts of the flu and even colds in the past have caused more of an issue. It was a good excuse to sleep in though.

Chris

Real Name
    Gerry
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800ST
    I don't have myself handcuffed to any narrative or political party. I don't think the virus actually gives a hoot what political party one belongs to and it cannot vote (don't tell me you found a conspiracy theory that it makes people vote a certain way or that it is a computer virus affecting voting machines...lol).

I never understood how this became such a political versus public health issue. I think both parties in the US spread misinformation to support their 'ends' and have lost sight of their roles as servants of the people. Not just those that vote for them. Therefore,all information should ndeed be scrutinized. Does not change the global data that vaccines indeed led to fewer deaths, hospitalizations and ICU/medical costs. Nor does it change that children can spread the virus and masks did reduce transmission. I guess you are just dismissing the above CDC study because it does not fit your narrative or politics.

I actually agree that we should be looking to lift mask mandates now as we progress to higher immunization and immunities from having been infected. If you look to Iceland, the decision is driven by very high vaccination rates, natural immunity and that Omicron is less deadly, And, of course, that tourist season is kicking off. Follow the money as they say.

By the way, my 8 year old family member was not vaccinated. He could not be at the time and his mom was also anti-vax regardless.

65. Likes Daboo, MGD109, Richard230 liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Well said, Gerry. Yes, the political stuff got in the middle of things and it became a black & white issue with no shades of grey allowed. I started as a full-on mask and vax proponent. Then as time passed and I read more...and saw more with my own eyes...I began to question what I'd read. In one instance, I remember Fauci saying masks are worthless...then a couple days later saying we should all put them on. So much information has changed back and forth with shifting goal posts. I'm not the only one who now is questioning the medical field. I've heard it mentioned in several places that one of the casualties of the plandemic has been people's faith and trust in the medical profession.

As much as some of you question the misinformation and lies, I try to pick through and find what is credible. I realize that on the spectrum of things, it not only is polarized, but also each side of the discussion is trying to make money by getting you to look at what they have. It's often not "news" but sensationalism. Give me the days of Walter Cronkite please. I also learned quickly that places like CNN will never post some of these stories, so I look for information that others may not see on the MSM. It isn't that they are misinformation, as much as the information doesn't fit the agenda they have. I like to be informed and I hope others on this forum do too.

Bill Gates was bemoaning the fact that the Omicron version has turned out to be a better vaccine than the vaccines themselves. Was it just because he won't make as much money with vaccines now? The stocks for the vaccine manufacturers are taking a nose dive. Hmm...I wonder why? A potentially scary part of that conversation was when he said there'll be another virus pandemic. Different virus, but they'll work faster.

And yes, I used the term "plandemic". I really think this is true.
    • Fauci funded the "gain of function" research for years in China after it was kicked out of the USA for being too dangerous. And yes, it is true. The evidence is there and I expect he'll be taken to court along with a few others.
    • Not only did he fund the gain of function research, but he helped squash the use of ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine. Horse dewormer they said. Well, it turns out that ivermectin especially is more potent at treating COVID than the vaccines are.
    • Have you ever thought of what "gain of function" means? I was in the USAF for 26 years. We trained in bio-chemical warfare. The first thought in my mind was this is a fancy term for biological warfare. Who in their right mind actually tries to make a virus more deadly than it would be naturally? Unless you want to kill a lot of people.
    • So the guy that helps develop a biological weapon and squashes information on where it came from -- is the same person advising both the USA and the world really on how to deal with it. Conflict of interest anyone?

Now moving off of Fauci, did you see the article on how the Moderna CEO squirmed on answering why Moderna applied for a patent on the same DNA sequence in COVID...back in 2015, I think? I saw the odds of that DNA sequence being repeated naturally and it made it seem like being struck by lightning was a near certainty. Moderna...the same people who brought you a vaccine...had a patent to make a portion of COVID. Hmmm...

Going back to the fall of 2020, before the vaccines rolled out...did you know the CDC had vaccine passport cards printed months before the vaccine program was started? Plan-demic anyone?

It's all out there, if you care to look at it.

The gov't of Iceland did the same thing as I did. I looked at the risk factors for getting Omicron and said if it was going to happen, let's do it now. I don't know who I got it from, but I'm glad I did. The gov't in Iceland just looked at it for all their people, not just a single individual.

There is a lot of info coming out now on the adverse affects on the vaccines. There's also a concerted effort on the part of MSM to ignore it and hope it goes away. The investigations by gov't agencies in other parts of the world are starting, and the studies by hundreds of scientists will come out as time goes on. They won't be able to suppress the truth. What I'm seeing now is that the adverse effects of the vaccines are like AIDS. You don't die from AIDS. You die from the immune system being so compromised that other body organs cease to function. But you can't hide cause and effect forever.

I have a man in one of my Bible studies who got the 3rd shot, the booster. He developed blood clots in his lungs and is now on blood thinners for six months, hoping it'll go away. He says he won't touch another booster shot. It doesn't take much to find where even world-class athletes collapse on the field and are taken to hospital...sometimes dying from the blood clots or other adverse effects.

And I wonder why I need to get a vaccine when I've had COVID. Even the CDC finally admitted that natural immunity was like 25 times more effective than the vaccine shots. So why do I need a vaccine passport? Why do I still need a vaccine? It makes no logical sense unless you consider that there might be another agenda.

So yes, I think this is a "plan-demic" because there are too many events where the truth has been withheld.

I'll leave you with one more personal example. I went in to see my primary care doc when I got COVID. He said, yes, I had COVID (per the PCR test), but I was on the mend now and just needed to let my body heal itself. As I was leaving, I asked him about ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine. He was called by one of the local pharmacists when he prescribed that saying it wouldn't be smart to keep prescribing it. Not that it wasn't effective -- the studies have shown it is -- but because he would be put on a "list" and the inference was this would cost him his license. That's scary. He had a very tired fatigued look on his face as he said that. I've known him for around 25 years and never seen him look like that before. He was stopped from prescribing an effective treatment.

There are some evil things happening here.

And all of this that I've mentioned can be found, if you're interested in doing your own research.

Chris

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    ............The kids have virtually no chance of catching or transmitting the disease. ..............
    My wife is a School Governor of a local primary school. Over the last two years Covid has been a major issue firstly with school closures and online learning then managing teacher absenteeism and classes being sent home to isolate following pupils positive Covid tests after schools reopened. Children are, thankfully, largely unaffected but that is not what is being claimed. To post the above statement shows no grounding in reality. I call this out as a lie, a falsehood, misinformation, untrue however you like to term it, not because is does not fit with any narrative but because it does not fit with the facts. It is impossible to extrapolate further an argument when the foundations of that argument are incorrect.

We are basically back to normality in the UK, OK I still work from home but the current gig is a 90mile round trip so until my presence in the office is requested I'll enjoy the extra family time I've been having over the last two years and basically all thanks to the vaccines.
    Enjoy the ride 

68. Dislikes Daboo disliked this post

Real Name
    Nigel
    08-26-22
    ....All of this that I've mentioned can be found, if you're interested in doing your own research...
    Having too much time on your hands and the ability to use Google is not the same as research work.

Reposting links to dodgy web sites, no matter what their content, is not research.

On the plus side, some of your postings could be used as educational material on how misinformation spreads on social media.

70. Likes MGD109, Richard230, TheMeteor liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    In California Covid vaccinations and the need to wear masks seem to be an issue with teacher unions and their negotiations with individual school districts. What has happened is that the requirement to wear masks (the current controversy) seems to have become political to the extent that the CDC made general recommendations and then tossed the ball to the states to decide what to do. In the case of California, the governor, who is in bed with the teacher unions and is concerned about being reelected this year, tossed those recommendations down to the local school districts to decide what to do about children and teachers needing to wear masks in class. But that continues to be a politically hot potato and what makes school districts experts regarding their students and teachers needing to wear masks? Plus, school districts really don't like to be caught in the middle in a fight about masks between irate parents. So in response, they have to play it safe and most districts (at least in the SF Bay Area) are waiting until next fall to decide what to do and in the meantime continuing to require everyone to wear masks while indoors. They say that more study is needed and are kicking the can down the road. That makes the teachers happy, the school administrators happy and some (but not all) parents happy. So far no one seems to have asked the school students how they feel about wearing masks.

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxerBits View Post
    ...Reposting links to dodgy web sites, no matter what their content, is not research.
    So it isn't the content you object to, but the source. I would recommend using a different search provider than Google. They are well known for censoring content that doesn't fit their narrative.

...So far no one seems to have asked the school students how they feel about wearing masks.
    There was a video taken when a school classroom was notified that the masks could go the next day...and the kids erupted in cheering. It was shown on a "dodgy web site" though, so the cheering probably wasn't what it seemed like.

Another one of those things that made me question the narrative of all this being for my health was the school teachers. Seeing reports of how the teachers were scared to death of going into a classroom and catching COVID from all these little kids...and then seeing selfie's of teachers vacationing on the beaches in Mexico made me wonder.

Then there's the last two Superbowls that should've been super-spreader events that were not. Or the hypocrisy you see with the ruling elite like this:

It has long appeared that they know something the rest of us don't.

Chris

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast