WTB for 2014 F800GT K71 - Location Ireland but can pay shipping from EU - BMW G450X Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

09-02-22
    Motorcycle
    '93 K1100RS
    Motorcycle
    '95 VFR750FS
    Motorcycle
    '06 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '73 T150T Trident
    WTB for 2014 F800GT K71 - Location Ireland but can pay shipping from EU

Front wheel (without disks), headlight mounting bracket (headlight to frame), headlight, front mudguard (preferably white), handlebar perch clutch lever bracket (without lever).

Thanks

Nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800 ST
    check on eBay and at Motorworks - as they do 2nd hand/bike breaking.
    BMW F800ST, 2010, Black, Fuzeblock, Sat Nav, BMW Tank Bag, Givi Touring Screen, Denali Spotlights, Denali CANSmart, Wunderlich Crash Bars, 62K Miles & counting 

4. Thanks costellon thanked for this post
    Likes costellon liked this post

Real Name
    Nigel
    08-26-22
    Don't forget James Sherlock down in South Moulton and MotoBins over in Spalding, both ship out of the UK and sell new and used parts.

From his web site, the former looks to be breaking a F8GT but you'll need the check on his web site what parts are available.

Good luck with your hunt for spares.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

6. Thanks costellon thanked for this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

09-02-22
    Motorcycle
    '93 K1100RS
    Motorcycle
    '95 VFR750FS
    Motorcycle
    '06 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '73 T150T Trident
    Thanks for the replies guys. I've been availing of James Sherlocks excellent services since I met him in Ireland in the late 80's and I have also been using the Motorworks team for many years and actually visited the old schoolhouse a few years back, great bunch.

I've been restoring old beemers of all sorts for well over 30 years and have pretty much used all of the breakers at some time or another.

The reason I have posted my question on this forum is to offer my hard earned cash to any "ordinary people" that may have bits lying around - and, i'm hoping that "real world" prices might not be as steep as the prices that I am seeing on flea-bay and the like - which are out of control IMHO.

I got a complete F800ST (bad piston slap) a few years back for less than a €800 - which I broke, saved some bits and flogged the rest at reasonable prices to people like myself. After having done that I cannot justify paying €300 for a second hand moulded plastic headlight or a similar price for a crash damaged front wheel. If the worst comes to the worst i'll just hang back until I find a breaker that lives in the real world parting one out, it'll happen eventually.

Yet again, if anyone has any of the parts listed above i'd be interested to hear from you if your prices are reasonable and i'll gladly pay for shipping from any corner of the EU for the right parts.

The headlight mounting bracket and headlight itself off pretty much any f800 EXCEPT a GS should fit my GT - so please check your sheds/ workshops and see if any of you can help me out.

Ideally i'd like to fit an early ST front wheel to my GT as I think it's a stronger safer wheel - but the axle size is thicker and the spacing is all different. If anyone has managed to fit a gen 1 wheel to the k71 models please reply on this thread, i'd be very interested to learn more. https://f800riders.org/forum/showthr...4-F800GT-(K71)

Thanks again

Nick

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800 ST
    look on ebay at a seller called surreymcsalvage - they sell insurance write off bikes and there's usually a few F8's on there in various guises. As well as some good potential projects for only cosmetic damaged bikes.
    BMW F800ST, 2010, Black, Fuzeblock, Sat Nav, BMW Tank Bag, Givi Touring Screen, Denali Spotlights, Denali CANSmart, Wunderlich Crash Bars, 62K Miles & counting 

10. Thanks costellon thanked for this post

09-02-22
    Motorcycle
    '93 K1100RS
    Motorcycle
    '95 VFR750FS
    Motorcycle
    '06 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '73 T150T Trident
    Thanks DJ. Would you believe they are on my saved sellers list ! Always good to keep an eye on their stock.

Good call but i'm having to do gymnastics to get at some of the bikes in my shed (18' x 10') as it is and I have to put a bike outside just to get any work done on anything else. I simply don't have the cash or space for another bike.

Gotta get a bigger shed and stop buying the specials in Aldidl !

12. Likes DJ123 liked this post