So, where did you ride your F800 today? :) - BMW G450X Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Real Name
    Dom
    2 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '19 F800R
    On a beautiful sunny Autumn day met up with Jurgen for a coffee and yarn.
    It's taken many months after bush fires , rain and family things.
    The ride heading north for me has some enjoyable sections.
    Sorry no photos or video. May have the technology for the next ride.
    I mentioned that I use this http://www.beckerenterprises.com/mot...n-nylon-wheels
    to move my 800 around.
    Thanks Jurgen

2. LikesDaboo, MGD109, Roadpizza liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

50 Minutes Ago
    Staff's / Shropshire and Wales first proper ride of the year 153 miles, a little rusty and sometimes using gearbox and horn incorrectly (because I ride a Honda c125 super cub everyday )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200313_152707_1584117852118.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	358673  

5. LikesMGD109 liked this post

Real Name
    Steve
    15 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800GS
    Short circular ride over some of the forest trails which had open gates

Been neglecting this machine of late as I've gone and got myself yet another machine . . .

SteveT

7. LikesRoadpizza, DOM, Richard230 liked this post
  8. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

50 Minutes Ago
    Great pictures Steve... Scotland's car free roads you are a lucky rider.
    Always try and get up there every year.

Real Name
    Steve
    15 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800GS
    Just a shortish ride today, west into the highlands.

Back roads to Inverness to check on an elderly native – all OK but can’t come out to play cos its muvvers day, apparently.
    Onwards to the west via really little roads, some having dirty detours leading off of them into the hinterlands.

Did the infamous corkscrew off the south side of Loch Ness, then onto Fort Augustus

Haven’t ridden along the Glen Garry road for soooo many years, so seeing as the traffic was virtually non-existent, I went and covered some miles of glorious twisty tarmac and took in many superb views as I went along

Back towards Inverness via the northern road around Loch Ness. Never, ever, ever have I encountered so few vehicles on this road . . . at any time of the year, as I did today. From Invermorriston heading east I came up behind my first moving obstacle just as I got to Drumnadrochit. – nearly 13 miles and just one vehicle travelling in the same direction as me! And not that many travelling in the other direction either!

220 fun miles. Wonder how long it will be before the fun police stop even this sort of activity?

SteveT

Real Name
    Chris
    8 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I traveled over to Kamiah, ID for the COG Bun Cooler "Un-Rally. Like many events, the actual Bun Cooler rally was cancelled, but seven of us decided to show up anyway. We brought our own food for breakfast and dinner and only ate out for lunch in Elk City. We did a good job of staying away from each other...and I think were better able to do so, than when I've gone to the local store to go shopping.

Weather was good the whole way over. I could tell in places that it had rained hard earlier. Even though the pavement was dry, there were some puddles of water that had collected. And later, I hit some wet road surface, but I never got rained on.

Eastern Washington

Along the Clearwater River. Much of the trip and the ride on Saturday to Elk City was along this river. In Elk City, it is a stream. By the time it gets to Lewiston, ID, the Clearwater River is very good sized. It makes for a great ride because the road follows the river much of the way. Even with the rally cancelled, I wanted to go over and make this ride by myself.

Saturday, on the way up to Elk City.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

12. LikesRichard230, Elizdad, TheMeteor liked this post

4 Hours Ago
    looks nice Chris - i've never been that way - what route did you take from your side of the mountain to mine ? how many total miles ?
    '13 F800GT
    '93 DR350S 

Real Name
    Chris
    8 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	559.3 KB 
ID:	364171

Elizdad, I took I-90 across Snoqualmie Pass. After crossing the Columbia River, I headed south on WA-395 towards Royal City and Othello. From there, I picked up WA-26 to WA-195, to Lewiston, ID. I then picked up US12 to Kamiah. If you have suggestions, I'm all for it. If you're headed over this way, avoid Stevens Pass if you're heading west. The traffic backs up for miles. Eastbound, it is fine. Snoqualmie Pass will back up some, but nothing like Stevens. I hear the North Cascades Highway just opened. That's my preferred route if time allows.

The Bun Cooler rally is on my calendar each year. The riders think nothing of coming from Alberta or parts south like Arizona and California for the weekend. It's a group of hard riding people who know how to do it safe. And at the end of the day, the Lewis and Clark resort is about perfect for everyone getting together outside and telling tall tales and enjoying their favorite liquid refreshment. I was sold on joining the COG after the way I was treated at that first rally. And there's lots of other get-togethers throughout the year.

And they even let a BMW owner join them, even though it is a Kawasaki group.

If the official rally hadn't been cancelled, I'd guess they get about 40 riders there for the weekend.

Chris

15. LikesTheMeteor, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    8 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    James and I took off yesterday morning to head for the North Cascades Highway. I wasn't sure what we'd encounter as we headed out. The North Cascades National Park is still closed, per Jay Inslee's lockdown directives. But the highway finally opened. So would we encounter what I've heard happened in California where the scenic pull-outs were barricaded and blocked off? Well, we got a mix of things.

The company town of Newhalem was closed off. (It is owned and operated by Seattle City Light.) They don't want any of us. I don't blame them at all. Till the highway opened up, the road was actually blockaded at the town entrance, even though much of the road was open beyond it.

We found a mixture of closings. Campgrounds and trails were mostly closed. Scenic pull-outs were open. One scenic place had the parking lot with toilets closed, but just around the corner, like 100 yards down the road...the parking lot was open.

So here's some pictures to enjoy for those of you that can't get out.

This is taken at a powerhouse at the far end of Newhalem. It's kind of nice to ride with another F800GT.

Diablo Lake. We cross that bridge next.

We stopped at the Colonial Creek campground for lunch. The campground was closed, but you could get to the lake for a pleasant place to eat.

At the far end of the park, is the Washington Pass Scenic Overlook, or NF-500.

Just a quiet meadow in the summer next to where we parked. In the summer, it is a meadow. Right now, it is a large pond with melting snow.

I never get tired of this view. The sheer size and magnitude of it, is overwhelming. If you look closely, you can see a car driving along the road. This area, btw, is the reason for the highway being closed. The avalanches leave snow 60 feet deep across the road area.

I go back to this road over and over and over again. The way east is great to enjoy taking the road fast, early in the day before everyone else is out. There's tight corners, and nice sweepers alike. I like to turn around at the Washington Pass Overlook and head back, then enjoying the scenery more and pulling off to admire creation.

Chris

Real Name
    Richard
    12 Hours Ago
    Beautiful photos, Chris. Everything is sure nice an green and it has been a long time since I have seen snow. We are entering our dry season now and the grassy hills are starting to turn brown. I am not a fan of brown - which includes BMW brown. Clearly, there is not as big a rush by the public into your mountains as there are into our beaches.

I took a ride to the local Ace Hardware store and was surprised to see that all of the beach parking lots in town are now open. Half Moon Bay announced that their beach parking lots and bathrooms are now open too. Apparently, Memorial Day visitors created a real problem for the community last weekend. They parked all over the local residential neighborhoods. clogging the streets and were even using people's lawns to relieve themselves. Apparently the town just gave up and opened up the beaches and restrooms. Kind of sad really that the town's visitors were such jerks.
    Last edited by Richard230; 2 Days Ago at 09:08 AM.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

Real Name
    Steve
    15 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800GS
    No where near as good as Daboos pictures - they are stunning Sir, here are a few from yesterdays little ride around what the locals call the Gairloch Loop (not on my F8GS though).

SteveT

Real Name
    Steve
    15 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800GS
    Transalps turn for a run into the local hills today

SteveT

20. LikesRichard230, Norfolk UK liked this post

Real Name
    Steve
    15 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800GS
    Put the F8GS on the road today and blew the dust off with a local ride this evening . . .

SteveT

22. LikesRichard230, Daboo, Norfolk UK liked this post
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14